Privacy is a matter of trust and your trust is important to us. For this reason we attach great importance to the responsible, legally compliant and transparent handling of your personal data.
In this statement we explain:
• what data we collect and for what reason;
• what choices we offer, including how you can access and update your personal data.
Unless otherwise explicity specified, this statement applies to all our offers and services, regardless of the way (website, apps, e-mail, etc.) or the technology (computer, mobile phone, etc.) involved in the transmission and collection of personal data.
This consent can be changed at any time by writing to bright blue. The revocation does not affect the legality of the data processing until then.
By creating a user account on our website you expressly confirm that you have reached the age of 16. At a younger age, the consent of a parent or a legal guardian is required.
We only collect and process the personal data necessary to provide the services you seek. This happens when:
· you register online for one of our services;
· purchase one of our services or otherwise enter in a contractual relationship;
· send us an e-mail or otherwise communicate.
In the event that you do not give bright blue permission to collect and process your personal data, we reserve the right to deny you the usage of all or part of our website and/or services. This applies especially when the personal data is indispensable for the relevant products and services.
Depending on the products or services provided, some of your personal data might be collected and processed. These include:
· personal data such as name, birthdate, e-mail, telephone number, company, occupation, school, class, etc.;
· if necessary, records of your interactions with the website, such as your progress in an e-learning module and your quizz results;
· if necessary for accounting purposes, financial information such as your payments and transactions.
Bright blue is strongly committed to protecting the safety and privacy of children using the Internet. We do not knowingly
collect personal information about users younger than 16 and will delete it immediately should we be notified of any abuse.
We do not disclose personal information to companies, organizations or individuals outside
of bright blue, except in the following cases:
With your consent:
· If bright blue provides you with products and services, personal data may be disclosed to third parties acting on your behalf or otherwise involved in the transaction.
· In some cases, personal data is passed on to external, trusted contractors who provide services to bright blue, such as hosting service providers, consultants (e.g. subject matter expert), audiovisual specialists. To protect your personal data, we ensure compliance with data security standards by these contractors.
If any of your personal data contains sensitive personal data that you consider ineligible for disclosure, please let us know in writing, specifying the exact nature of the information, protection needs, and disclosure restrictions to ensure that we take the necessary precautions.
For legal reasons:
· bright blue will disclose personal data to companies, organizations or individuals if we reasonably believe that access to, or use of, storage or disclosure of this information is reasonably necessary;
· to comply with applicable laws, regulations or legal procedures or comply with an enforceable regulatory order.
· to detect, prevent, or otherwise combat fraud, security deficiencies, or technical issues.
· to protect the rights, property or safety of bright blue, our users, or the public from harm, to the extent permitted or required by law.
Bright blue will only retain personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected
or in accordance with regulations.
We use criteria based on legal and functional requirements to set reasonable time limits for the storage of your personal data, which depend on the purpose of the data, such as: e.g. statutory provision for the storage of transactions, proper account management, facilitation of client relationship management and reaction to the assertion of legal claims, etc.
Bright blue strives to give you access to your personal data to the technically possible reasonable extent. If these
data are inaccurate, we will provide you with options to update or remove them quickly - unless we must retain this
information for legitimate business or legal purposes.
You have the right to demand the correction of incorrect personal data that we collect and process. If we process your personal data with your consent, you have the right to revoke this consent at any time. Please also note that the revocation of your consent has no effect on the lawfulness of the processing before the revocation that took place with your consent.
If you are not satisfied with individual aspects of the processing of your personal data, please write us with your complaints. We will work with you to find a solution.